We are always truly grateful for the help we receive from people who volunteer their time, donate items, money or raise funds. We are a small organisation, so we know the true meaning of “every little helps”!
Unfortunately, in light of the Covid-19 crisis we are currently not able to accept donations of food or other physical items.
Instead, we are seeking support to purchase food and essentials for women who are under self-isolation or quarantine in our Domestic Abuse refuges across Bromley & Croydon.
At this difficult time we must remember that for some people, staying at home isn’t always safe, and only adds to the isolation felt already. For women in refuges, being quarantined without the ability to buy or order food online is devastating. They don’t have the support networks we take for granted, can’t ask their neighbours for help or necessarily lean on family for support. They are fighting to keep themselves and their children safe against all the odds.
To ensure the safety of all, we are not currently able to accept gifts of food or other physical items. Instead, we would ask you to please make a donation on our Virgin Money Giving page if you can. These funds will only be used only for the purchase of food and essentials from local businesses, which will be delivered to the 54 women and 66 children who are currently unable to leave our refuges. Please do have a look and if you are able, make a donation. Alternatively, simply sharing the appeal on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn will make a real difference so please do support us in this way if you can.
We will be running the campaign as long as our clients need support through this crisis, and will be updating you on what is needed as it develops.
We thank you for any support you can give, which is now more vital than ever for the women and children who need our services.
The BCWA Team
Your donation could help us reach the goal of ending domestic abuse, by supporting all survivors, in and out of refuge, who need our help. You can join us in different ways:
• Online: you can donate online today – you are only one click away!
• Bank Transfer: contact us on 0208 313 9303 for our bank account details.
• Cheque: you can send us a cheque made payable to Bromley and Croydon Women’s Aid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for where to send it.
• Regular gifts: setting up a regular donation is good for you, as it allows to budget your donations to a charity over the year, and it is good for us as it allows us to plan in the longer-term and help more people in the future. You can read more on how to set up a standing order to BCWA here.
• Shopping online: use Easy Fundraising website when you shop online. You just need to select Bromley & Croydon Women’s Aid before starting your shopping and we will receive cash when you make a purchase, at no cost to you!
If you pay tax and would like us to reclaim Gift Aid then please download a Gift Aid declaration
“I am back. Life is filled with joy and hope again and I feel passionate about life.
I would not have reached this stage without the endless support of such a great organisation.”